Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coffee Crusted Tenderloin Success!

Options
Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all that replied to my questions. As usual your wisdom is so helpful!!! I cooked four 1 1/2 lb tenderloins on the grid extender with a small chunk of hickory and a fist full of cherry wood chips. The sauce turned out great too. Served with salt crusted baked potatoes (sour cream & chive/green onions), fresh steamed green beans and Uncle Jerry's salad (a mix of fresh garden tomatoes, green bell pepper, cukes from the garden and vidalia onions in a vinegar & oil mixture). For desert Smokin Sue's peach cobler (would you beileve she put it in the oven??? - "she didn't want that smokey flavor in her desert!") Oh well... she loves everything that comes off of the egg, just not deserts.[p]Anyway, it was a hit - rave reviews from all and I thought it was incredible too. I'll definately be doing this one again! Thanks for all your help! Joe

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    sounds like a great dinner. .. tell sue to try the peach cobler in the egg. .. with a well established fire you get almost no smoke, and i find that peaches absorb much less smoke than other fruit like apples. .. i almost exlusively do peach crisps these days over apple crisps for that reason. .. .[p]here is a peach/blueberry crisp from a couple of weeks ago, it was excellent, with just the mildest hint of smoke (it had been baked in an egg which had been cooking for 20 hours at that point). ..

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    sounds like a great dinner. .. tell sue to try the peach cobler in the egg. .. with a well established fire you get almost no smoke, and i find that peaches absorb much less smoke than other fruit like apples. .. i almost exlusively do peach crisps these days over apple crisps for that reason. .. .[p]here is a peach/blueberry crisp from a couple of weeks ago, it was excellent, with just the mildest hint of smoke (it had been baked in an egg which had been cooking for 20 hours at that point). ..

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    ok, let me try the picture one more time. .. peach/blueberry crisp
    DSCN0338.jpg

• dublin
    dublin Posts: 140
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Could someone point me in the right direction for this recipe.
    Thx much
    dublin

• Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    Options
    dublin,[p]Here you go!

[/b]
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Man that looks good! I may have to do one myself just to set thing straight. Like I actually have the ability to do that... LOL Joe