Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OKC IEC Redux

Options
Doug in Eggmonton
Doug in Eggmonton Posts: 1,999
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got to cook my first real egged meal since I left OKC nearly a month ago (bad job timing...). So what to do but to taste what we didn't get to taste in OKC.

The raws (most of them anyway)

OKCredux001.jpg

The Mango Salsa put together.

OKCredux002.jpg

The avocados disassembled, mushed and mixed with reconstituted anchos, salt, pepper and mayo. Then back into the shells.

OKCredux005.jpg

I used your idea Deane! Cutting the top off in two pieces leaves a stand that can be used. It works :woohoo:

OKCredux004.jpg

The rest of it on the egg.

OKCredux006.jpg

And on the plates. We didn't do the bearnaise as we were going to do (have now done) hollandaise with the eggs bennie this morning.

OKCredux007.jpg

And being enjoyed.

OKCredux008.jpg

Only complaint was from Randi who thought there should be lemon in with the avocado.

The girls and I loved it.

Doug

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Looks great from here buddy, even without the lemon.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    It looks great. Thanks for letting us know how you cooked the dish. I couldn't tell from just the photo of the winning dish what you did. Nice job and Congrats on winning.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Thanks Ron, at OKC I left the avocado stuffing ingredients to my capable teammates and never did ask what they put in there, so I was flying a little blind this time, turned out better than alright though.

Doug
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Thanks Faith, it is actually good enough to do again. We didn't get to taste all of it together in OKC so I really didn't know. Went together nicely.

Doug
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    And you came up with this and cooked it in half an hour?
    Don't want to go head to head with you.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Very nice Doug. I had to reread to see how you did the avacados.

Mike
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    I guarantee I'd be face down in the plate with a bib if you put that in front of me. I left the fest jsut before the Iron Chef contest due to family emergancy. Sure would have liked to see you win that. Enjoyed your chow. Was a heck of a tent with you and DrZaius, reelgem and Greenbay, JLockhart and Frank from "Corpus" and others. Some serious grub was served and enjoyed. Congrats on the win and go to Emily Murphy park for me this summer. I loved going there in 75 on my way back to Alaska. A few (not really a few but many) LaBatts were enjoyed there. :)
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Got to agree with Randi. Needs limon!! :laugh: Really great cook Doug. Just so much you can do in 30 min. but it turned out ok in the end! Hope you get to spend more time at home for a change and play around hear some to. Just got off myself this afternoon. Ate Mexican out. Does that make me a bad Egger?! :P
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Bruce, I'm just up the hill from Emily Murphy, You get into town, drop by, foods better off the egg. And lord knows there's way better beer up here than Labbatts.

Doug
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Steve, I know how you cook. The thought of facing you head to head has me quaking in my boots. I came up with it, but the heroes on my team, Anne, Deane, Doug (the other Doug) and Randi did the heavy lifting. I just ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to keep it all coordinated

Doug
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Thanks Mike. Was fun to do the first time and good to taste the second.

Doug
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    Everyones gotta eat out every once in a while just to learn that the food is in fact better at home. Nice that the standing up trick worked the way you thought hey?

Doug
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    And I am chopped liver for next year? ;) I made the mistake of giving Anne a ton of my ideas. Now she will use them against me in Branson. :(

Mike
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    That looks really really good! Got an extra place at the table? :laugh:
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Doug that looks real good. I to have thought about making our dishes but have not done it yet. Just another reminder that I am extremely slooooowwww.
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!