Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

London Broil

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How long and at what temp should I do London Broil?

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Jay,[p]I like to sear each side at 650F and then remove. Slice (1/4") thick across the grain and place in a cast iron pan. Return to the Egg for finishing. Cook only for proper doneness.[p]JJ suggested this method to me as a way to repeatably produce the perfect doneness. It works well. Good luck.[p]Spin

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Spin,[p]Sear for 2 minutes each side. Sorry.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Mvc-462f.jpg
    <p />Jay, follow Spin's directions and the resuults will look similiar to the London Broil in the picture. London Broil was my FIRST BGE EGGsperience!

[ul][li]London Broil[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    london3.jpg
    <p />Jay,[p]Being lazier than the others - I sear my London Broil on both sides like a big steak - then close up the egg and let it dwell in the shell until done when checked with a Polder. I sear for 4-5 min per side at 650 deg. Judge your searing time by how much char you like (I like lots). I usually let it dwell for 5-8 min. Then slice thin and serve.[p]Tim
  • CaptainBBQ
    CaptainBBQ Posts: 29
    Jay,[p]Just made a broil with the directions you have been given by the eggsperts. Marinate in equal parts of lemon, soy sauce and Olive oil. Coat with Mustard and sprinkle with Montreal steak seansoning. 700 degrees each side for three minutes. Then put the cap on and closed the slider in the bottom. waited 5 minutes and then took it to the table....this is heaven! Caution: don't forget to burp the egg after the 5 minute cook....[p]Enjoy :-)[p]Captain BBQ