Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

White BBQ Sauce

Options
Chrispy Bob
Chrispy Bob Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Bobby Flay visited a BBQ restaurant in northern Alabama on last nights show. They use a white BBQ sauce on their chicken. I dug around and found this recipe which is supposed to come from the restaurant Bobby visited....it sound good enough to give it a try.[p]CB[p]
WHITE BBQ SAUCE[p]1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly grated or prepared horseradish
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper[p]Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. The sauce can be
refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.[p]

Comments

• Crimsonsmoke
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]Sounds good. Do you remember what town and restaurant?
  • Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]This is VERY close if not exactly the recipe for white BBQ sauce in the various BBQ Bible. Not a HUGE chicken fan but with this sauce and some smoked chicken on a bun you've got a winner! Really love it. Often smoke up some chicks just to eat this sauce![p]Try it you'll love it
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Options
    crimsonsmoke, it was Big Bob Gibson's BBQ in Decatur, AL, about a 30 min. drive from my home. Big Bob's son-in-law, Chris Lilly, was featured . . . he's pretty well known on the competition circuit. I think he and Dr. BBQ are teaming up for a competition somewhere in the Northwest.

• ShockAt360
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,
    I grew up on Big Bob's BBQ and all of the sauces they make are available at www.bigbobgibsonbbq.com They are the only ones I use.

• Unknown
    Options
    ShockAt360,[p]Looks good. I think I'll order a couple bottles.
    How's the Backyard Mustard Sauce?

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Chrispy Bob,[p]That does look good, but wonder how it became associated with BBQ. I've tried coating chicken with mayo, then adding spices. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and smoke the next day. Sounds like a similar idea, but more of sauce than what I have done.[p]Smokey
  • ShockAt360
    Options
    Tony,
    The mustard sauce is excellent, kind of like adding mustard to the Alabama Red Sauce. I usually use the Alabama Red Sauce as a basting sauce on ribs as it has a somewhat thinner consistency and then use the Championship Red Sauce as a finishing glaze. The Alabama Sauce is also good over pulled pork if you like that style. Chicken at our house doesn't get cooked without the white sauce, it's incredible!

• Unknown
    Options
    ShockAt360,[p]Well, I'm sold. Bought a variety of their sauces to try (plus a shaker of the rub).[p]Tony
  • ShockAt360
    Options
    Tony,
    Haven't tried the rubs, I really like Dizzy Pig and use different kinds of those. Let me know how you like the sauces!