Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spawn does ribs. . .

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
yesterday, the spawn took her first crack at cooking spare ribs. . and she did quite well. .. she took care of setting up the fire at 230 dome temp, laid in the plate setter and grid. .. she rubbed one rack of ribs heavily with ken stone's witchy red, and the other one with some rub somebody gave us called 'lady in red' . . .she had them in the egg for 3 hours at 230, turned them every now and then to insure even cooking, then wrapped them in aluminum foil with honey and brown sugar, put them back on for about another 1 1/2 hours till she determined they were done (i was at work the whole time, i only gave her the initial guidance on method and times and left the rest up to her). .. 15 minutes before dinner, she unwrapped them and put them back on the egg at 300 degrees to finish them up. . . i had suggested saucing them, but she said NO. . . actually, the brown sugar and honey gave them a wonderful glaze of its own. . .[p]they were done just right. . meat pulled, but did not fall, off the bones. . . spice of the rubs and sweetness of the honey/sugar was excellent. . .[p]i think i'll sit back and let her do ribs from now on. . . .

Comments