Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which FoodSaver Model?

Options
berrygood
berrygood Posts: 372
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Give it up FoodSavers. What model is best? Thx in advance.

Comments

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Hey berry

I have the Model #V3460 that is carried by Bed, Bath & Beyond. I don't know if it is the best or not but it works fine for me. It is hard to find good prices on FoodSavers but by signing up for their Email and Direct Mail Sign Up you can get a 20% off one item in-store Savings Certificate to apply toward it. Coupons will come in the mail that you can use for rolls of bag material.

Gator

• berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Thx Gator. I have a BBB next door and a coupon to boot.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I've seen positive reviews for the SnorkelVac VS-280, but I do not have first hand knowledge.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    I have 3 different Food Vacs. One of them is the "Pro" model and I use all of them and they all seal the same. Only difference is different settings and options on the pro that I hardly ever use. But for just your usual everyday sealing and if money is a concern, I would go with the most inexpensive model.
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    i have the food saver V2440, i have had it for 4 years and i love it. I do a lot of fishing and pheasant hunting so it gets used a lot!! I am not sure if they make that model but the last time i was at the store it looked to be on the shelf.
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Options
    I had the cheapest one they sell at Target. I do not remember the model. The locking mechanism broke after a few uses.(my fault) I called to buy a new latch witch they did not sell separately. They sent me a Gamesaver Deluxe Plus model free of charge. I have had it for a year and a half know with out any problems. I like it a lot better than the other one. I would recommend it. Most of all I recommend Foodsaver in general for their excellent customer service. Very nice and helpful. Still in the US also.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I probably should have bought a FS, but wasn't happy with my old Seal-a-Meal and figured the FS was little better. Don't know, never owned one.

Anyway, I decided to spring for a more "industrial" unit so I bought a Weston PRO-2300. Same folks who make the Cabela's CG-15, but cheaper. Had it a few months now and love it! It really sucks. :lol:

4291136941_e6d6db83c2_b.jpg

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut