Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stoker website gone?

BBQInMilwaukeeBBQInMilwaukee Posts: 30
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fellow eggheads,

I just purchased a Stoker yesterday from http://www.rocksbarbque.com/. Now the website is gone and showing one of those advertising sites for BBQ. Anyone know what happened?
·

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    Looks like Rocky forgot to renew his domain..
    ·
  • reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    I don't use a stoker we have all the BBQ Guru products but we live in Milwaukee.
    Where abouts are you? Would love to get together. I don't know of any other eggheads here.
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    That would suck.

Mike
    ·
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    From what I hear, their customer service is terrible and they get around to doing things on their own time table. Regardless, I am sure you will get your product, it just may take a while.... Good luck!
    ·
  • I'm currently in Wind Lake, but work in Milwaukee. But I'm not the only one, I've converted 2 others away from their gas and hopefully one more here in the next couple weeks.
    ·
  • Boilermaker BenBoilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Good going! Bring them down to Oswego, IL in September for Eggwegofest. Straight shot due south from Wind Lake. September 25, I think.
    ·
  • Boilermaker Ben wrote:
    Good going! Bring them down to Oswego, IL in September for Eggwegofest. Straight shot due south from Wind Lake. September 25, I think.

Perfect, I have a friend worried about cost and this might be a good opportunity to get a demo egg.
    ·
  • boston_stokerboston_stoker Posts: 794
    Considering you have no direct experience in dealing with Stoker, dealing in rumor seems a bit uncalled for. I have had nothing but a positive experiences in dealing with them.
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    I just spoke to Kenny at Rock's BBQ and he said they are working on the site and it should be up within 24 hours
    ·
  • Roll TideRoll Tide Posts: 505
    Thats why I qualified my statement with, "from what I have heard." I don't have any dealings with them and have, once again, "heard" they are great people, but it takes a while to get in touch with them or a response from them. I believe these incidences are pretty well documented on this forum as well as bbqbrethren, vitrualbullet,etc... Fred from freds music and bbq stated that he wanted to carry their product much in the same manner he does bbq guru but couldnt get them to return his calls. I have nothing against them and I would love to have their product. My main goal was to affirm that I have heard their cust service was poor but not to worry that you had been hoodwinked or anything. They will get around to it eventually, but it may take time.
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    The Stoker website is now up and running
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    It's there!
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,758
    What is happening with your medical situation? Hope all is well.
    ·