Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lookin' for lump in Cincinnati

Spatchcock
Spatchcock Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello there. I have enjoyed this forum a lot for a variety of information. Thanks!

I have been a preaching egg convert for about 6 weeks now and have gone through 2 20 lb bags of lump. One was the BGE Lump that came with the grill and one was a Gordon Food Service branded black bag. Being a gas grill convert and having never cooked with charcoal, lump or otherwise, the BGE lump seemed nice and looked like hardwood. It had a decent burn time (what do I know though) and seemed to last longer (burn slower) than the Gordon Food. The GFS didn't look like it contained as much oak as the BGE brand, but I don't know what other hardwoods look like in it either.

I research everything, almost to a fault, but I bought the GFS lump because I figured I would try it out, $12/20 lb. Not to mention it wasn't really on The Naked Whiz's list. I also see that the BGE lump, was ranked really low (41).

So, the question is, where do I buy good lump in Cincinnati? Thanks in advance. Spatch

Comments