Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Funny egg story

Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
........I am using the gassy tonight and caught myself "Burping it"! :ohmy: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P Don't we feel foolish sometimes!?!
    That is funny!

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    REAL Eggheads Burp Gassers too.

You did good by reporting the incident.

Spring "Habits Are Hard To Break" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • My son has a house here that he uses when he comes to visit his sons a couple times a month. He went out and bought a high end Weber gasser even though I have already convinced him to buy an egg for his full time home in PA. I was over there yesterday and he wanted to cook hamburgers at his mom's request. So I kept advising him to sear his burgers, reduce the heat, close the lid, burp the lid and check the "dome" temp. He got really, really frustrated and finally told me that his Weber was not an egg. And I replied "it sure isn't no egg, for sure." Mom said he was really pissed with me. I told her "good, next time he will do as I tell him and buy an egg in the first place!" I enjoyed peace and quite the rest of the night since no one but the grandsons spoke to me. Ah, the benefits of age...
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Funny... Quiet is the peace that we old-timers seek but often fail to find.

Youngsters brains and minds and hands and imaginations are always going a hundred miles an hour. They do not understand the power of quiet.

Spring "I Think I Just Heard A Pin Drop" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • I have a weber Q 220, which until the egg was my favorite grill ever. The thing is designed to be portable so it is supposed to be super efficient. Well, the way it is set up, you kind of do need to burp it. It has gotten too hot some times and the lid will POP, especially if you put something cold on top of it when it is like 500*. Scared the poo out of me the first time.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Actually, that you are using the gasser is a tragedy, not a comedy. (Kidding! Kidding!)
    The Naked Whiz
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    See what happens when you don't use the egg. I gave my gasser away. I was collecting dust.

Patti
    Wichita, KS