Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friday Night Q

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's cookin??
Got some 5 hour vacuum marinated okinawan wings, then some egg seared scallops. Hope yall are eatin well this weekend![p]I am trying a new technique for the wings. Gonna do em at 250 direct for an hour like normal, but I started the fire in three places (thanks Cat), and closed the vents down to a crack once the firestarters went out. Hopin' for some more even charring.[p]Happy weekend
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I'm making yet another batch of wings (I'm getting really boring, cooking-wise) seasoned with BGE seasoning and Anchor Bar sauce. On the side are some sliced taters with oil and Montreal Steak seasoning.[p]I'm still planning on doing something new this weekend. I came home tonight and wanted something quick and easy. I'm definitely a lazy dude, but on the other hand wings are pretty dern good...and easy to cook for one.[p]Cornfed

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Wings_04_02_00_05.jpg
    <p />Cornfed, Try something new, like ChefRD's Hot Wings...[p]Receipe in the recipe section.

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Yowsa! I'm gonna do something new most likely this weekend. One potential barrier is that I'm prob gonna go car shopping tomorrow and Sunday is Mother's Day. I may cook up something traditional for my mom on Sunday so that might eliminate something too eccentric. On the other hand, since I'm looking for something I haven't yet cooked plus something special, prime rib may fit the bill...
    Cornfed

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Cornfed, if you do, it will be good! [p]BTW... tonight's ribs were EGGseptional!

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Options
    Gfw, I just finished T-bones, mushrooms with vidalias, and a champion salad,,,, but I want them.... That picture has smell appeal..