Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

excellent beef ribs

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Nice to finally see some posts on how to make beef ribs. For us westerners, we love our beef ribs. I just finished making two awsome racks along with two racks of beef short ribs. Gave them a 48 hr dry rub. I took the membrain off the back of the ribs. Then indirectly cooked them at 220 degrees for five hours. Added some hickory chunks and cherry wood to the fire. They were excellent, jucy and tender.

Comments

• the big hound, Beef ribs are my favorite !!! Glad to hear there are other folks out there enjoying them. It's hard to beat the 225 for 5 to 6 hour method, they always come out tender anf juicy.

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    the big hound,[p]Interesting to see this post. We just finished some ribs for lunch down at Risckeys in the Fort Worth stockyards. Everyone raves about them. I find them kinda dry. Have to drown them in sauce to get some wetness to them.[p]What kind of rub did you use? Do you use a rib rack and stand em up or.... Do you turn them during the 5 hours? Does the amount of time depend on number or racks or is that the way it is??[p]Thanks.[p]Molly
  • Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    MollyShark, the trick is to rub with mustard & then with rub. smoke at low temp 225F & then 15min before ready to eat 195F internal, brush with your favorite BBQ sauce on all sides (don't bother turning the ribs - as you are smoking indirectly with plate setter / drip pan to catch all the fat)
    to allow for better rub penetration & uniform smoking, i always remove the inside mebrane first.