Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Midwestern Pork Tenderloin Sandwich and a Question

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,965
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to make these for a friend that talks about them, and have been looking them up online and there are so many different recipes.

I have never had one before and was wondering how close this is to the real thing. Can anyone tell me if this is authentic and the toppings are correct??

I marinated sliced pork loin in an egg/buttermilk mixture. Then dipped it in Wondra, then back in the egg/milk marinade, then in crushed Saltine crackers.

Then I fried it in oil on the egg:

P5042838.jpg

Flipped a couple of times til nice and brown.
Then I put it on a super soft bun, served with mustard, mayo, tomatoe, and sliced dill pickle:

P5052837.jpg

The other ones I did were thinner than this, but you get the idea. You are supposed to pound the meat out, but I didn't. Even if it's wrong, it sure tasted good, and the saltines made it really nice and crunchy.

Thanks for any input.

Faith
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments