Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Midwestern Pork Tenderloin Sandwich and a Question

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,371
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to make these for a friend that talks about them, and have been looking them up online and there are so many different recipes.

I have never had one before and was wondering how close this is to the real thing. Can anyone tell me if this is authentic and the toppings are correct??

I marinated sliced pork loin in an egg/buttermilk mixture. Then dipped it in Wondra, then back in the egg/milk marinade, then in crushed Saltine crackers.

Then I fried it in oil on the egg:

P5042838.jpg

Flipped a couple of times til nice and brown.
Then I put it on a super soft bun, served with mustard, mayo, tomatoe, and sliced dill pickle:

P5052837.jpg

The other ones I did were thinner than this, but you get the idea. You are supposed to pound the meat out, but I didn't. Even if it's wrong, it sure tasted good, and the saltines made it really nice and crunchy.

Thanks for any input.

Faith

Comments