Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Wicked Good Lump Group Purchase in Atlanta

Hungry in LilburnHungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the opportunity to coordinate a group purchase of Wicked Good Lump here in Atlanta and the surronding area. If you would like to participate in a group purchase then please post your reply here including the number of bags you may want. I would like to see us get at least 3 pallets. The price will be set when I know how much we need. I will then validate with each poster that they agree to the price and quanity they are ordering. You will be responsible to pick up your lump in Loganville, GA. I will get at least 30 bags myself to kick off the order. Thanks.

Disclaimer: I will not make anything from this group purchase and have no relationship with the vendors involved other than the interest in egging.

Comments

• Some basic stats please:

1) what approximate per bag price are we talking about?

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk?

3) Are these 20 lb bags?

4) How many bags on a pallet?

5) How big a group do we need?

I could probably find storage for ten bags.
  • ) what approximate per bag price are we talking about? Will not know until I know how much we are ordering.

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk? See answer to Q1.

3) Are these 20 lb bags? Yes

4) How many bags on a pallet? 60

5) How big a group do we need? However many we need to buy 2 or 3 pallets. I will like to see a large order so we can get a better price. If we could get the price under $14 that would be great but I don't have any idea if that is possible. Thanks for posting.
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Last time I did a buy for Atlanta:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=751986&catid=1

Note that you get a cheaper price ordering a whole pallet (60 bags of 22#) or more, and also delivering to a dock (lift gate for home delivery adds price).

Price I got was $15.07 per bag on one 60 bag pallet delivered to work. I responded to some questions below.

If you get under $15, sign me up for 15 bags.

Richard

1) what approximate per bag price are we talking about?
    Would hope less than $15/bag for 3 pallets, unless prices have risen.

2) How much cheaper to purchase in bulk?
    Much cheaper if you get at least one 60 bag pallet to a dock.

3) Are these 20 lb bags? 22#

4) How many bags on a pallet? 60

5) How big a group do we need? The bigger order, the cheaper per bag.
  • Good info... one last thing:

Where would we go to pick up our share of lump? In other words, where are the pallets delivered to and how is pick up coordinated.

Not being a connisseur of lump, does "Wicked Good" live up to it's name?
  • chicknmanchicknman Posts: 1
    where would pick up be in logansville and when is this going to happen! I would like 5 or 6 bags..