Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

spawnofmadmax's squash plus shrimp

Illinifan
Illinifan Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow we are making your squash recipe as it kooked deliscious
Also doing some jumbo shrimp from recipes we remember seeing here on
the Forum.Without this Forum we would be lost. And sometimes feel
like we are anyway. Wish us good luck!!!

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Illinifan,
    Good luck! Squash, shrimp? Only thing wrong with that is it's on your plate rather than mine. LOL[p]Now then, I don't remember seeing the squash recipe. Can you post it or point me to it?[p]TIA[p]Ken

• Illinifan
    Illinifan Posts: 35
    BlueSmoke,It was posted by Spawn of Mad Max on 7/9/04.
    Its under a posting by Wess B re Squash Advice. The picture looked deliscious!!! We have tried shrimp before, and they were kinda rubbery. Any ideas beyond wrapping them in
    bacon?

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Illinifan,[p]Thanks, I'll check on the squash in just a minute. [p]There was a good discussion of shrimp a few days ago - in general if you can't get fresh shrimp it seems your best bet is to get them still frozen from the market: they "mush up" if defrosted too long.[p]Wrapped in bacon? Oh my yes! You might try adding a strip of roasted chili (heat level determined by your taste) before wrapping in bacon and pinning.[p]Ken