Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-84

Joel
Joel Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sellout.Woot! is running a deal on a Maverick ET-84HH. The price is $20 with shipping - seems a bit gimmicky but I would love to forecast my cooks' completion times. Does anyone have any direct experience with this?

-Joel

Comments

• BBQbadge
    BBQbadge Posts: 35
    Seems like a decent thermometer and comes with a "bonus" high heat probe:

[ul]52” Silicone probe wire is soft, flexible with temperature rating of up to 450F[/ul]
    [ul]Also includes an additional high heat bbq probe in a stainless steel wire sheath to protect in a grill and also has higher heat wires inside the sheath and probe that is good up to 600 F[/ul]

I need to replace one of my ET-73 probes, so I may grab one and use one of the probes as a replacement and still have the additional themometer.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    true - not a bad price, but there's no assurance the probe will be compatible with your ET-73 - I mean sure it will fit the hole but performance may not be the same. While you would think they should be I've found probes vary all over the place and I have several as proof. :unsure:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Me too! They sell the HH probes pretty reasonable.I bought a set for all 3 of my ET-73's