Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Olive dip

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eazy peazy appetizer

Several folks asked me for the recipe for an after party dip. Here you geaux.

Drain a jar of olive mix in a colander - don't want a lot of olive oil
Meanwhile cream two 8 oz packages of philly cream cheese with one stick of butter in food processor.
Put the creamed mixture aside and chop of the olive mix fine in the food processor
Line a container with cling wrap
Layer the creamed mixture and olive mix
Place in the fridge for several hours or overnight
Turn container upside down and remove the wrap
I normally use a tall container (looks nicer) but a shorter container was handier for transporting to Texas Eggfest this time.
Serve with crackers

See, I told you it was easy.

I like using the olive mix that is used on muffelatas at Central Grocery in New Orleans. Boscolli is a good alternative or whatever olive mix you can find locally. Make sure you remove the stems from peppers if your olive mix has them.
IMG_1887800x600.jpg

Nice with a Pinot Noir.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    That was a surprisingly good dip. I must have eaten ten or more crackers with it. I think I'll had that recipe to the yellow sticky note recipe book.

Thanks.

Spring "Sticky Note's Tell Their Own Story" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thanks, Frank. I have some of that Central Grocery olive mix in my fridge right now!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Frank, That was really tasty!! Thanks for the recipe. No wonder I gained poundage...the butter :laugh:
    Pretty sure it wasn't all the meat that I ate all day long... :whistle:
    Like Lora said, veggies this week!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JB
    JB Posts: 510
    Options
    Sounds easy and tasty. Definitely will give this a try. Thanks Frank.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    That Olive Dip was SOOOOO GGOOOOOOOOODDDD

P5010058.jpg

that some Hen guarded it like an EGG :blink:

P5010065.jpg

:lol:
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I make that stuff all the time. Believe it or not I spread it on toast or bagels. yum yum