Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JSLOT's Ribs win again!

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to everyone who helped us with the grate / plate questions. We won the neighborhood "Rib Off" last night! My husband (the rookie eggsman) will carry the egg rib champion torch with much pride! Thanks JSLOT for all your advise - the plate setter was the right call!

Comments

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Options
    Berger,[p]Congrats! I guess your Brother-in-law (i think) should of been getting the advice.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Steve-B,[p]It was really funny and kind of uncomfortable. After the first few folks said how much they liked mine more than the other two kinds, they started back-pedaling a bit, saying that they liked my ribs but his sauce was better. [p]Then, as they were leaving, they all said "yours were just the best," and things like that.[p]I actually felt a little bad. The two other guys questioned the indirect heating method and the relatively high temp, but both conceded that the indirect heat option is something they are going to have to investigate.[p]Would it be too brash to make myself a t-shirt exclaiming my greatness?

• BucsFanJim
    BucsFanJim Posts: 161
    Options
    berger said..."Would it be too brash to make myself a t-shirt exclaiming my greatness?"[p]Heck no... even a Homer Simpson style rendition of "I AM THE CHAMPION....I AM THE CHAMPIONSSSSSSS
    OF THE WOOOOOORLDDDAH!" would be quite acceptable.
    Congrats!

• Unknown
    Options
    Berger, I could ah told you his method was best...not surprised at all...now if I could only convence JSlot that pulled beef will work...

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed them!!!! I say go for the t-shirt, too! Rub it in, rub it in!!!![p]Jim
  • Unknown
    Options
    JSlot,[p]Thanks. They were awesome. I made wings saturday night (along with a couple of chicken breasts) and some big ribeyes last night. I should be the poster child for why everyone needs a BGE, because if I can do it, anyone can.[p]Speaking of my wings, we tried to make garlic wings and it didn't work out. The wings were great, but they weren't garlicky. Does anyone know how to make the egg wings into garlic wings? Is it an after-cooking sauce or something?[p]Thanks, [p]Todd
    Morningview July Rib Champion