Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Amazing Site, Amazing people..

EzziSmoker
EzziSmoker Posts: 17
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the GreenEgg scene. Own'd one for about 1 year now and am having a frigg'n blast with it. My neighbor thought I was NUTS spending that much money on a BBQ, till he tasted the product, now he wants one and is trying to talk his missus into it. This has to be the best BBQ/Smoker ever. Now, I find this site and it just keeps getting better!. What a helpful site with such great people. Look forward to your helpful advice..

Ezzi

Comments

• I feel the same way Ezzi - we've owned a BGE for 3 years now and I've been a lurker until yesterday! My husband and I cooked at the Austin Eggfest this past weekend and met some awesome people (that's what prompted me to register!). Hope you live near someplace that hosts and eggfest - they can't be beat!

I, too, look forward to posting and getting more great advice!

beth
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Well you are going to find that there are a lot of pros in this site with a lot of info!! They all know what they are talking about. If you have any questions on anything or even need a recipe, just ask and you will get a ton of post replies!!
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it here. I know i have. :)
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi Ezzi

Welcome to the forum! Your right this is a great site and you will not find nicer people anywhere. One of the nicest people here has compiled a list of helpful sites and posts. His handle is Grandpas Grub and his post is Where to Start: Tips, Links & Useful Information and is a great resource and a wonderful read. You might want to bookmark it.

We will be looking forward to seeing your cooks on your BGE and any great recipes you might want to share.

Once again, Welcome to the forum,

Gator

• Pilcher Man
    Pilcher Man Posts: 87
    I've had my XL for a year now and it's the best money I've ever spent for any grill, gas or charcoal. The more I use it the better I get at it and the more I look forward to the next cook. The Forum has been a tremendous help on cooking techniques and tricks when using the Egg. The people in the Forum are the greatest.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It is only going to get better. Wait till you discover eggfests.

Mike
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Ezzismoker,

Welcome to Egg Nation :laugh: . From another post, I gather that you are adding to the number of Canadians.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Thanks for the kind words, I do my best to keep this place going with my endless posts, recipe vault,product knowledge, and witty charm...lol

Existing comments say it best, the more time you spend here the more you will get out of it. Great people that will literally give you the shirt of the back (I've seen it and for some it's just not a pretty thing...Car Wash Mike).

Glad you found us!

Bruce
  • EzziSmoker
    EzziSmoker Posts: 17
    Chef Charles wrote:
    Ezzismoker,

Welcome to Egg Nation :laugh: . From another post, I gather that you are adding to the number of Canadians.

Tom

Yep! we got the idea from you guys now we're running with it. I'm trying to build a little army of "Canuk Eggers" but it can get powerful cold up here, and the "Q" season can be short (depending on your situation, and were you live) so I'm gonna do my best to keep up with ya............ :laugh:
  • With the Egg "'Q Season" is 365 days a year. I've done low-n-slows in the rain, the snow, and the brutal cold... no problems. A chiminea helps!
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Personally I think the forum is THE MOST VALUABLE eggcessory and its FREE!!

Welcome aboard. Only the faint hearted would give up grilling cause it got a little cold.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    "The people in the Forum are the greatest."

Ad I'm sure you are one of them.
  • Q-rious Tom
    Q-rious Tom Posts: 116
    You think the people are great here - wait until you meet some of them in person at an eggfest. They're even nicer! :laugh: