Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tsunami Spin - how do you use it?

hogaholic
hogaholic Posts: 225
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My local BGE dealer now has the Dizzy Pig seasonings. I bought a bottle of Tsunami Spin and really like it. I used in on some chicken fajitas kicked up with a bit of cayenne pepper last night and it was great.

Thinking about using it for Ahi tuna and salmon? Would appreciate any suggestions

Thanks in advance
Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)

Comments

• use it light, use it heavy, your choice....i'd start light though, see how you like it, then build up till you see how you like it ....great on all poultry, great on all fish ...fantastic in crab cakes and on shrimp....

use it on a beer can or spatchcock chicken, then take the leftovers and make chicken salad . ...when you make the chicken salad, season the salad with some more tsunami spin .. .best chicken salad you've ever eaten...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    It is spectacular on lamb!
    The Naked Whiz
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    It's nice on tuna, and great as an additional layer of flavor on spicy asian-style wings.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.
  • Dut
    Dut Posts: 81
    I use it on Salmon. I put a little bit of olive oil on Salmon then sprinkle Tsunami Spin and wrap it up and let it sit while I prep egg. Grill to about 150 internal. Serve with baked broccoli.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    i dont put a rub on tuna, but i do mainate and make a dipping sauce, i might use the tsunami like that. tsunami is good on salmon, good on chicken, i even like it on ribs sometimes
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Fantastic on chicken wings!!
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    Whiz

Thanks for the reply and suggestion for Lamb. I've been anxious to do some lamb on the Egg but haven't conjured up enough courage to try it. I noticed Sam's has some nice looking cryopacks of lambchops and legs so I believe I will give it a go.

Hogaholic

The Naked Whiz wrote:
    It is spectacular on lamb!
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • It is great on roasted veggies...I always coat my zucchini, squash, and asparagus...my kids love it. I also like it in the ginger/lime kabobs on the Dizzy Pig web site.

Bruce
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Raging River with maple syrup is nice on Salmon.
    I like it on crab stuffed prawns and almost fried wings.

cbshrimp1002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Mike
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Leg of lamb is pretty easy. It's hard to ruin it. If you get the boneless leg from Sam's, I'd remove the netting and tie with string. If you cover the netting with rub, it will crust up and when you try to remove the netting, you'll lose a lot of the crust.

You can also try opening up the leg and stuffing it with cooked spinach, feta and pine nuts, then roll it back up and tie with string. Yum.
    The Naked Whiz
  • mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    We like it on ribs, ABTs, pork tenderloin, in mayo-based cole slaw, and in deviled eggs....

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN