Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

organizer rack

Options
Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Folks,
has anyone ever seen a product (or plans for) a wooden organizer rack? I'm looking for something kinda small, that I can hang my spare grills and tools from. I might just make something myself if I don't find anything.
Thanks!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    like a wall mounted enclosed cabinet perhaps? Drawers are nothing but boxes without lids and cabinets are just boxes with a lid (or door). If I were doing it I'd just figure out what all I wanted to keep in there and then determine the dimensions to enclose the stuff - Easy-peasy from there.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    My neighbor, Lucky Mon, made an accessory cart for his Eggs and it turned out really nice. I'll try to get a photo of it showing the insides but until then this will give you some ideas.

The top is ceramic tile and measures 3' X 2'.

The cabinet is 50% open: left half for bulky stackable items like the plate setter and Adjustible Rig, and right half for thin items like grids and pizza stones.

He added wooden 'rails' along each wall of the right side about 1½" apart so that an aluminum pizza pan could rest on and slide out. That's where he places his grids, stones and other thin accessories. You could easily make these slots vertical using the same idea.

In effect, he is getting excellent space utilization from this arrangement along with a convenient surface to prepare or serve food.

He added wheels for portability and made his louvered doors using cedar fence pickets similar to how I did mine in The Coop.

It looks very professional and adds a tremendous amount of versatility to his patio cooking area.

Spring "Good Ideas Made Better By Thinking Hard" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Options
    Ah yeah, this is exactly what I'm looking for. The idea of the rails is perfect--so that I can put those things in vertically.
    If you're able to post a pic, I would appreciate it so I can start some designing. Thanks very much and please let your neighbor know I appreciate it!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I just Pinged you and posted the photos of my neighbor's cart. You can click here to link to the post: http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=112&func=view&catid=1&id=882748#882748

Spring "Geaux Cart" Chicken