Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best place to get a Packer Brisket in Atlanta

Options
thegumdoc
thegumdoc Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• JCinGA
    JCinGA Posts: 139
    Options
    I don't know what part of the Atlanta area you live.
    On the southside Spezzano's meat market in Tyrone will sell you a packer.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Restaurant Depot or Costco....
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Sam's Club has them.
  • Bones
    Bones Posts: 9
    Options
    If you are up near Buford/Dacula, Rajun Cajun Meats has them. They are right off Hamilton Mill Road behind the Applebee's (only time that place is mentioned on the forum is for directions i bet! HAHA!). I got one there about 3 weeks ago, 13 lbs, great fat cap and turned out better than my buddy in Austin TX made last time i was there! (he's going to give me hell over that one)

Seriously, if you are in the N Gw. area, it is well worth the trip there.

Bryan "Bones"
    Dacula GA
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Bryan, I know that area well but can't picture the Applebees. Is it across from Wally by the new Chic-Fi-Lay, etc?
  • Bones
    Bones Posts: 9
    Options
    Yep! you got it. it is caddy-corner to the cfla to the NE, in that strip center.

I dont know what they will be able to do in the nest few weeks(with the oil rig), but they have had fresh gulf fish (as well as other locations) flown in each thursday. I get an email each Wednesday with what they will have.

I have gotten 1 1/2 inch thick black grouper there for 13.99/lb never frozen. They also have some prime meats, and anything cajun you want (sausage stuffed chickens, turducken, etc). They always have a smoker going out front or out back. They started with a Traeger smoker, but have since moved up to a LBGE. They make and sell fresh their own Boudin as well as smoke some which they sell as well.

-Bryan