Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Classic lunch chops!

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night when I made the pork hee-bobs, I only used two of the country ribs (basically 1.5 inch thick bone-in chops). Took the remaining one and rubbed it down real good with mustard. We have heard it so many times, but I coated it good with JJ's rub (thanks again JJ). Wrapped it last night, and cooked it up on Junior for lunch.[p]A 550 sear, 1.5 minutes, rotate 45 degrees, 1.5 minutes, flip, 1.5 minutes, rotate, 1.5 minutes. Dwelled for 10 minutes but was still way pink, so I dwelled it 10 more. Man, this was good. You know that piece of meat that is tucked away in that curved out part of the bone?? Oooohhh doggy. JJ, your rub always comes through.[p]BTW, the mustard made a great crust. Yum.[p]Happy Friday Qin
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Oh, doggy, those sound scrumptious! I likey pork chops. There's a very simple recipe for grilled pork chops by Jacques Peppin in "Cooking at Home" which calls for Rosemary as a main ingredient (There are only 3 or 4 ingredients, if I remember correctly. Something like salt, pepper, and rosemary).[p]Don't know if that could possibly blend well with mustard and JJ's rub, but it adds a really nice flavor the pork chops in Jacques recipe.[p]Still cold chillin' in a box,
    Cornfed

• Cornfed
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Oops. The Egg is on my face (pun intended). Had I looked more closely, I would have noticed that rosemary is indeed already an ingredient in JJ's rub.[p]Cornfed
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Yep. Rosemary is in his rub. No reason you can't kick it up and add more though! My take on JJs rub, is he has perfected it with a good balance for many purposes. There are so many ingredients in his rub, I would hate to add any new ones. But selectively removing certain ingredients, and adding more of another is a great way to experiment with countless possibilities!! And I know he encourages that as well.[p]You still gotta try those thin sliced potatoes with olive oil and JJs rub. Grilled to perfection.[p]Friday is here. I'll have a can of beer.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I think I will try those thin sliced taters. I actually have some taters at my apt plus at least most of the ingredients for JJ's rub plus some olive oil. They'll make a nice side for whatever new thing we decide to cook this weekend (thanks to all for the suggestions).[p]Cornfed
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S12_24_9917_28_01.jpg
    <p />Cornfed, hope your potatoes turn out great! These weren't done on the egg but they were great with the prime rib that was.[p]The link is to Cat's Oven Baked Potatoes![p] [p]
    [ul][li]Potatoes[/ul]