Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egg

Options
Billy
Billy Posts: 68
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the responses guys. I did call BGE about the little white dots and they said to take the top back to the dealer for exchange. The dealer didnt want to exchange it, but I had him call BGE while I was there, and after talking to them he said OK. The new top has other imperfections but that is just nature of the beast when dealing with ceramics I guess. At least it does not have the white dots. I am going to be using it for the first time tonight and the excitment is building already. I have never felt this way before using any other grill for the first time. I am going to start simple with ribs and potatoes. I dont know which rib recipe yet as there are so many to choose from on these pages.
My next decision is where to put the egg on my deck. My house has white vinyl siding and originally I was going to put the egg near the house. Is all the smoke going to stain the house? If so, how far away from the house should I put it. Thanks, Billy

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    S09_29_9917_43_10.jpg
    <p />Billy, great choice on the ribs, but it's almost time that they 'be on the BGE'. The picture tells the story of my 1st ribs on the BGE - the link is to Tim M's site - the place where I found the method when I 1st tried. As you progress, also check out my site at http://yyyz.net/bge [p]Don't know anything about the paint thing. Good luck tonight!

[ul][li]Tim's BBQ Ribs[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Billy, forgot to mention - I'm doing Memphis Sytle Baby Back Ribs tonight - try 'em, you'll like 'em.

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Nu-Guy
    Nu-Guy Posts: 136
    Options
    Billy,
    I have my egg on the deck just outside of the dining room slider and under a roof overhang. Works great, but sometimes I need to roll the eggtable out further on the deck 'cause the wind is blow'n the smoke inside the house, big time. I don't have white siding, but I sure would think that it would cause a problem. That smoke does a number on anything it comes in contact with. Not saying that it couldn't be cleaned, but that would take time away from grill'n & smok'n on your new egg! [p]Have a ball and enjoy your new egg![p]Nu-Guy

• King-O-Coals
    King-O-Coals Posts: 510
    Options
    Billy, your feelings about your house will change dramatically after egging a few times. Everybody has a house,, but only "we" have a BGE. My house is white vinyl too and under my deck (where my egg nests) is a white vinyl ceiling. Vinyl is from man and technology. The egg is from the "Grilling Gods". And besides,, after a year of egging, you can mix a little dishwashing liquid in a pail of water and that, along with a carwash brush will make the vinyl look like new again.. Let's keep them priorities properly aligned. H.A.G.W. (havagrateweekend)