Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Have a new cypress table looking for pics

grillkinggrillking Posts: 16
edited 11:56PM in EggHead Forum
Got a new BGE table and am looking for some pics to help me decide the stain color. Any that you have would appreciated.

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,944
    Look on the egg table forum (top of the page), or go to the naked whiz...

Or just do a google image search

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut 

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Plenty of pics available as mentioned above, but a natural finish with spar varnish is hard to beat :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • krickskricks Posts: 244

I just finished a cypress table. I used Cabot Jarrah Brown. Then 3 coats of urethane.

• JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
    If you don't stain it and it's going to be outside I would suggest using Minwax Clear Shield. It protects the wood much better than urethane.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Beautiful table but you night want to consider feet between the egg and paver.

• krickskricks Posts: 244
    Thanks for the compliment and feedback. A good point and one I hope I learned from reading about other people's problems with that. Instead of pavers I used 1 1/2" firebrick. These are set on 1x4's that are mounted vertically for strength and ventilation. I've run the Egg at 700 degrees a few times and once at 400 degrees for 4 hours. The underside of the bricks were as cool as the other side of the pillow. I posted a more complete set of photos on the table forum just this afternoon.