Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Have a new cypress table looking for pics

grillkinggrillking Posts: 16
edited 10:31AM in EggHead Forum
Got a new BGE table and am looking for some pics to help me decide the stain color. Any that you have would appreciated.
·

Comments

• Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,467
    Look on the egg table forum (top of the page), or go to the naked whiz...

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm

Or just do a google image search
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Plenty of pics available as mentioned above, but a natural finish with spar varnish is hard to beat :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
    ·
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    grillking,

I just finished a cypress table. I used Cabot Jarrah Brown. Then 3 coats of urethane.

pic100.jpg
    ·
  • JCinGAJCinGA Posts: 139
    If you don't stain it and it's going to be outside I would suggest using Minwax Clear Shield. It protects the wood much better than urethane.
    Jim
    JCinGA
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Beautiful table but you night want to consider feet between the egg and paver.

101_2117.jpg

101_2118.jpg
    ·
  • krickskricks Posts: 244
    Thanks for the compliment and feedback. A good point and one I hope I learned from reading about other people's problems with that. Instead of pavers I used 1 1/2" firebrick. These are set on 1x4's that are mounted vertically for strength and ventilation. I've run the Egg at 700 degrees a few times and once at 400 degrees for 4 hours. The underside of the bricks were as cool as the other side of the pillow. I posted a more complete set of photos on the table forum just this afternoon.
    ·