Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings, friends and family. :)

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to do some wings today for an elderly friend of ours who recently got out of the hospital. He loves chicken wings so I thought I'd surprise him.

I made my favorite wings, It's the origanl Buffalo wings recipe from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, New York. I keep trying different recipes but somehow I always go back to this one. It's definitely my favorite.

When I was prepping the wings I normally wash them and pat dry. I started to think.......Do you really need to wash the wings first? So, I googled it and this is what I found.
"Until about five years ago, chicken recipes started with rinsing. Then research showed that washing poultry can increase the risk of cross-contaminating something else in your kitchen (as the water splashes, it hits sponges, utensils, etc.). Plus, any bacteria in the bird will be destroyed by heat anyway.

I was glad to find that out, just one step less that I have to do.

The ingredients

004-4.jpg

007-1.jpg

Combined the ingredients and sauced both sides.

010-2.jpg

On the egg 350 direct.

006-1.jpg

Sauced again after 7 mins. and then flip every 7 mins. till done (about 45 mins. total cook time).
011-1.jpg

Done

012-2.jpg

Delivered to my friend Jim. Sat and visited while he ate. Here he is 14 wings later. He said it sure beat hospital food. :)

014-2.jpg

Picked up my Uncle Ray and granddaughter Hailey and spent the rest of the afternoon at the park....I love days like this. :)

015-3.jpg

Comments