Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted: Plans for combo XL / SM Table

Options
ChefAl
ChefAl Posts: 66
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
If anyone can point me in the right direction to get started I would appreciate it. I have room for an 8' table to hold my XL and SM eggs.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    I just finished my xl table. 60 inches long. Wife thought it was going to be too big when she saw it under construction in the garage. When finishing, I left an opening in the supports in the top for a hole for a medium or small in the future. going to have to find a heck of a deal to bring another one of these home though. Would love to get a medium or small to hang on the back of my sail boat though.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Smoking Coles
    Options
    Al, I'm not sure anyone will come through with detailed plans for a talbe like this, but you can get some great ideas from the Naked Whiz's website if you are not already familiar with his table gallery. I'll post the link to it if you are not familiar.

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    there is one for sale on Ebay for 399 with 35 for shipping.. you are probably looking at 200 for wood plus a good 8 hours of labor.
    425 is not a bad price in the long run
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Pilcher Man
    Options
    Got my XL plans from the Naked Whiz website and modified them a bit. Used treated lumber from Lowes and built my frame. Took the frame to a local granite yard found a suitable sized remnant already finished. Had the granite people cut the hole for the egg (not expensive). I love it because the granite is easy to keep clean, looks cool and never has to be replaced. Painted frame with oil based paint from ACE HDW. Used 8" wheels from Harbor Freight, 2 straights and 2 crazies with stops. Used 1" by 6" planks for the bottom shelf. Apply hardware gadgets(bottle openers), hangers etc. There are fancier tables out in Egg Forum land but this one works for me and I didn't have to shell out $400.00. Good luck, Pilcher Man.
  • ChefAl
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I can't wait to someday proudly display photos on here of my new "nest".
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Al,

Is this sort'a what your looking for? I don't have any written down dimensions, but could sure put together a simple sketch. E-mail me if you'd like any info.
    Table6.jpg
  • ChefAl
    Options
    Thank you for the offer. Yes, the dimensions of this table would go a long way in getting me started.

Thanks in advance.
  • DubfromGA
    DubfromGA Posts: 54
    Options
    Very interesting idea.

I can see where this would be a super combination.

I really like the looks of that table...super nice.