Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Axner stone question

EggTurnerEggTurner Posts: 108
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am thinking of ordering a 15" (round) x 5/8" Axner cordierite kiln stone for baking on my large BGE. I know that some forum participants have ordered from them and wonder if there were any ordering issues and how they like using it in their egg.
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,760
    I bought a small plate setter for my small 3 years ago and other than having to do some cutting of legs it works as a good heat difusser.
    I know of a local pottery shop that uses the cordite rounds and have no problems with them at 2200F in their kilns, but have no knowledge about the food issue.
    I have been to their facilities in central florida and they are well respected in the industry. I would buy a round if I needed it. Hope this helps.
    ·
  • EggTurnerEggTurner Posts: 108
    Thank you very much.
    ·