I finally finished my table for my large BGE. Made out of western red cedar and finished with a (UV Resistant/mold resistant) transparent Thompson's water repellent. I first made the design in Google's SketchUp to work out all the angles and dimensions. I did make some various minor modifications on the fly during construction (i.e moved the 4*4 posts in closer to the center, modified the width and reduced the number of boards on the lower shelf, changed the cross supports in the lower frame a bit to increase strength, etc.)
The top is made from select cedar 2*4's that were ripped down (to get rid of the rounded edge) and then planed to the same thickness. Glued up and then sanded until the cows came home. The top ended up being 3/16" thicker than I had planed so I had to put the ceramic feet under the egg so the spring hinge would clear the table top.
All stainless steel screws, hardware, etc. 5 inch casters are solid PTU with stainless steel swivel plates and brakes. Almost all of the frame joints were done with stainless steel (Kreg) pocket joinery and glue. The stone below the egg is a 2'*2' stock concrete paver from Lowe's.
It's pretty strong. I weigh 190 pounds and was able to gently jump up and down on the frame without it flexing.
Although the top turned out a little bit different than I had hoped I'm still pretty happy with it. Just ordered a grill cover for it to keep it looking decent.