Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tarragon Chicken Burgers

Options
reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to make something healthy, tasty and easy last night so here's what I did.

I took a pound of ground chicken, added some extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice (fresh, not bottled), tarragon, salt & pepper. Formed into 4 patties, let them chill really good for about 6 hours. Cooked direct 350 for 10 min.'s per side. Just make sure the meat reaches an internal temp of 160 degrees.

I usually marinate chicken breast in this mixture but I thought I would give it a try mixed into some ground chicken and it turned out amazingly moist and very tasty. I made some creamy mashed potatoes and lima beans to go along with it.

I make the mashed potatoes fat free by using skim milk and Parkay spray butter. I just take the cap off and pour it in. I use it on everything really, even spray it on my toast in the morning. It doesn't work on popcorn but I found that Pam cooking spray (butter flavor) works great for that. I haven't used real butter in years and don't miss it at all. :)

Ingredients

24c6c7bd.jpg

Formed into patties and chilled for about 6 hrs.

8d36c53c.jpg

On the egg, direct 350 degrees. Cooked about 10 min./side till internal temp of 160 degrees.

012.jpg

Done and plated. Delicious!!

013.jpg

Comments