Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My try at Buckboard Bacon

BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
edited 3:55AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Thirdeye, Fidel, & Lil Chef, I am on my way to the promised land of Buckboard Bacon. A little nervous as this is my first time.
Worth mentioning is that Crimsongator and Hungry Man were of absolutely no help, with Carwash Mike only slightly better. :P
One might think I could figure it out on my own, even with my obvious limited capability. I figured incorporating the help of no less than a half dozen Egghead friends couldnt hurt.
Thanks Everyone!

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Good Luck B!I have done BBB several times with success.You'll be proud to know my next endeavour will be Hi Mountain Old Fashioned Bologna!!! BWWWAAAAHHAAAAHHAAA! B) Good luck Buddy! ;)
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Some of that $3.50/lb processed a--hole? YUM! B)

Thanks Hoss, I hope it comes out good!
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have two boxes of that stuff in my garage but since we lost the extra fridge they are just sitting there laughing at me...

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• CrimsongatorCrimsongator Posts: 5,768
    CWM is only slightly better at a lot of things.
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Good for you Ron! Your only regret is going to be that you haven't started doing this sooner! B)
  • TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
    Go for it Man! I did and it is some of the best bacon I have ever had. Pretty much followed the High Mountain instructions plus what I learned off the chat board. I did an 8 hour soak, changing water ever 2 hours. Slight salt taste but no where near what it is with commercial bacon.
    I posted a couple of pics of my finished product.
    Best of luck.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Thanks LC & Tennisbum. I plan to try belly next time.