Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Woosday

Options
Gator Bait
Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As some of you know, the past couple weeks I have been watching a nesting Snowy Plover. This amazing little bird has sat on her eggs for about three weeks and last Thursday it all payed off. All three eggs hatched, the chicks are no bigger then your thumb and do what baby Plovers do best, run, search for food and look cute. They are two days old in these photos.
DSC_2202A_640.jpg

This year I believe there are three nesting pairs.
DSC_1800A_640.jpg

DSC_3626A_640.jpg

DSC_3634A_640.jpg

DSC_3638A_640.jpg

DSC_3650A_640.jpg

A Gull soared over head and the mother gave an alarm call that instantly sent the chicks scrambling for cover. They crouched down and held perfectly still till the coast was clear. I have watched the mother give another call and they will follow right on her heals as she runs across the beach.
DSC_3793A_640.jpg

DSC_3815A_640.jpg

DSC_3820A_640.jpg

Tomorrow I will try to find them again. Once they hatch they leave the nest for good and may be difficult to locate. It would be fun if I could photograph them till they can fly away. :)

Have a great Woosday, got any photos to share?

Gator

Comments