Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tri Tip & more

Options
Don Marco
Don Marco Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Howdy...

Had some friends over for dinner yesterday :

American Tri Tip and stuffed Sirloin, iberico Pork Loin, grilled romaine, peppers and eggplant with roasted pancetta and parmesan,some dizzy pig raging river salmon with butter/maple syrup glaze and some grilled zuchini slices wrapped around french brie cheese.

57_P1050583_Small_1.jpg

Used some Olive Wood to add flavour to the meat

57_P1050584_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050593_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050609_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050628_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050629_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050630_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050631_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050633_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050636_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050637_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050643_Small_1.jpg

57_P1050642_Small_1.jpg

a_cheers.gif

DM
www.don-marcos-bbq.de

Comments

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    You treat your friends well! Sehr Gut!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice cook!! Don is there something in the rolled zuccini?
    Thanks for the pics!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Nice cook!! Don is there something in the rolled zuccini?
    Thanks for the pics!

I basted the thin slices with EVOO and seasoned with a little salt and pepper, then grilled them on both sides til soft.
    When they were cool i took some french brie cheese, added some bbq rub, wrapped the zuccini around it and secured it with a toothpick.

This is very easy to prepare ahead and then needs about 10 minutes reheating until the cheese starts to melt.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I thought I saw something in there. Great, thanks Don!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    Options
    Don, you have some very fortunate guests. You really put out a spread of food. The salad looks delicious and brie wrapped in zuchinni is a great idea. I can only imagine how wonderful the Iberico pork loin was. It's hard to find Iberico pork here in the states. I did get to taste some Jamon Iberico ham at a dinner party recently and it was fantatatic. My friends purchased it from LaTienda, an importer in Virginia and I was going to purchase some but I went to their website and it sells for $96.00/lb. and $1395.00 for a bone in whole ham. I decided to pass on it. :) It was delicious but not worth that kind of money.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Great pics. I really enjoy tri-tip. Leftovers make great sammies.
    005-1.jpg

Mike
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    Everything looked fantastic, but the grilled veggie plate, with the cream was the money picture, for me!