Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

a new way of cooking ribs, thanks WessB !!!

Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thanks to WessB, he not only answered my question of doing a lo and slow rib cook but opened a new door for me. He suggested cooking ribs at 215 degrees for 10 hours, I gotta tell ya, I'm not going back to the old way anymore, I have never seen ribs look this good since I have had my egg. Thanks again WessB.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Chef Wil,[p]I am glad they look good. How are they taste wise? 10 hrs at 210° seems like they would dry out - there must be more to the story. Indirect? Direct? Mop? Foil? Baby backs or spares?[p]I am doing 6 racks of babies today for the party tonight. I'll use the 3-1-1 method on mine.[p]Tim
  • Chef Wil
    Tim M,
    not dry at all, indirect, pan of apple juice, after being cooked, I glazed and wrapped. They were perfect, honest. The meat had just receded from the bone really nicely just like the ones I used to babysit. Nice crust but still moist. St. Louis style ribs were used. Put brisket on about 7 hours earlier, then added ribs, using guru. Slept well.........hehehehe

• Chef Wil
    brisket_002.jpg
    <p />Here is pic of 16 hour brisket ( flat) and 10 hour ribs ( St. Louis ) cooked indirect at 215 using BBQ Guru. Brisket has homemade sauce and ribs glazed with Thai Sauce.
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    I wish I had seen this post earlier. I'm waiting on pork butt to finish before starting the ribs for a late afternoon gathering, but I won't have 10 hours. Guess I'll use Jslot's method . . . it's always worked for me.
  • Chef Wil, AWESOME looking ribs and brisket. I assume the apple juice was on the platesetter sitter under the ribs and you wrapped them just to rest prior to serving and they did not go back in the egg. (That is one long sentence!!)[p]Happy 4th,[p]CB

• aka mr. Earl
    aka mr. Earl Posts: 151
    Chef Wil,[p]Thanks for the tips, Chef Will. could you it out in a detail (and pics). I'd like to get this right the first time.