Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Cooking Network (TV) OT

Options
Willie Lump Lump
Willie Lump Lump Posts: 229
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There is a new cooking network coming http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hTmqNER2-hqhjBA1UUogz7rFUJcAD9F8U3N82 that is a spin from the Food network called the Cooking network. It appears more technique orientated and less reality show driven.
I find this pretty exciting as the current offerings on the food network, particularly those in prime time have shifted to a food as competition orientation.
The demonstration of technique is what I enjoy. If it’s something that makes what I put on my plate better its worthwhile watching.
TTFN WLL

Comments

• CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    It would be nice to have a show about cooking on the BGE!!!
  • Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    Options
    I hope its not all about cakes. I hate that about the Food Network.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    It looks like it might be good, will have to wait and see. Starts on May 31st.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Linda123
    Linda123 Posts: 67
    Options
    this will be awesome ---please keep us posted --would love to see cooking in the EGG .............
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    Thanks for posting that, I'd heard it was coming but not when. That article says next month. Good to know.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Thanks for the info, If I see one more cake challenge. grrrrrrrrr as my best friend used to say.

Mike
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    We can always hope. However, since Scripps is running this too, I'm not holding my breath. They do love their formulas.

The NY Times says, "...the channel is hedging its bets with new shows by established talent including Mr. Lagasse, Rachael Ray and Bobby Flay. And it has a spinoff of another hit, called “Cook Like an Iron Chef,” in which Michael Symon, a Cleveland chef, makes dishes like those concocted in Kitchen Stadium..."

Not sure which is worse; Emeril, Bobby, that iron chef nonsense... oh wait, it's Rachael! SURELY there will be at least a few time slots NOT involving her. :pinch:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut