Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

few more pics of my first shot a buckboard bacon

Options
Tennisbum
Tennisbum Posts: 228
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey thought I would share a couple more pics of my first attempt at buckboard bacon. Really not sure why I have not tried this before. It turned out really really well and I am now ready to branch out and try maybe some pepper bacon, etc
gp firstbuckboardbacon003.jpg
firstbuckboardbacon002.jpg

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Nice looking bacon. I have done butts and loins with garlic, maple sugar syrup and black pepper and my favorite is black pepper loin. Soon will try some belly bacon , and it will be black pepper.

BUCKBOARDSLICED-1.jpg
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Great job, looking good.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I'm excited for you! I feel the same way! :laugh:
    Looks good, keep on cooking!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    ;) real nice job! what flavor smoke?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Really looks like you nailed it! Like you I havent tryed making it at all yet but several have been of late and I may to. Thanks for insperation! Some cheese and crackers with that last plate WOULD BE HARD TO BEAT!
  • Tennisbum
    Tennisbum Posts: 228
    Options
    I used a combo of Hickory chunks and apple chips. Not sure why I decided to toss in the apple but it did turn out really good.
    and Richard I want to do that Maple sugar and maple syrup next. Thanks for the tips
    gp