Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump in Michigan

stevesails
stevesails Posts: 990
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in Michigan and travel the state. The only Lump I can find is the BGE for about 25 for 20 lbs and Cowboy at Home depot and Lowes for $7 for 8.8 lbs.
Does anyone have any places that sell Lump? I checked my local Walmart today and all they had were Briquets.

thanks.
XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    i live in a pretty good sized city of about 150,000 people and there is only 1 bag of lump charcoal i can get and yes you guessed it BGE Lump :evil: , good luck finding another lump, if so let me know.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    You have GFS all over up there. Royal Oak packages for them using the GFS label. Last time I bought some it was like $12 for 20 pounds. Here's a store locator - you may have to scroll down the page.
    http://gfs.know-where.com/gfs/
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • There's a Wicked Good Charcoal distributor over in Detroit. He was nice enough to deliver 10 bags to my sister's place over there, I retrieved next time I was over there (live in Lansing).
  • Mali Gormet Lump (usa) in Clinton twnship, Wicked Good in Rochester, Maple Leaf Lump over in Windsor, Canada (be prepared to explain why you went to Canada to buy charcoal, I just told him the truth - because that's where it was made and it's not sold in the states!
  • Walmart has it in our area in Michigan (Kalamazoo Battle Creek area), but only the Super Walmarts have it. I like the Royal Oak from the Super Walmarts. Try looking for a Super Walmart in your area and give them a call. I think the Super Walmarts have a full grocery store with them. Good Luck!
  • stevesails
    gfs is cclose,, i will check it out
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• safetyman
    safetyman Posts: 80
    I have got Wicked Good from Rochester and have had Lumber Jack order Cowboy in the 20# bags for me. My son goes to school in Marietta =, Ga. so i have him bring a load home every semester of Royal Oak, from Wallmart. He graduates in June so I will be moving him home and bringing a skid of RO home also. I might have to try the Gordons Food lump when I run out.
  • Bekins in Grand Haven, MI sells Mali's for $8.95 a 10# bag. They almost always have it in stock. They have a bunch of eggcessories as well. They also have a full time Chef on staff to answer questions or you can ask for Clayton.
  • stevesails
    GFS has Lump 20 lb bag for 12.99.. they say it is Royal Oak, so half the price of BGE for the same stuff. I will try it out next time.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I'm glad you followed through - I will tell you though look on the bag for country of origin - for a while before GFS dropped carrying Royal Oak in the red bags it was foreign wood and at least a bag I had sparked a lot. Then after they went to their proprietary GFS bags it was USA lump, but it pays to check.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • you can get wickedgood lump. at wickedgoodmi.com or 248-760-6733 22# bags for $21 it is by far the best lump I ever used!
  • you can get wickedgood lump. at wickedgoodmi.com or 248-760-6733 22# bags for $21 it is by far the best lump I ever used!