Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Pizza Stone

Options
thechief96
thechief96 Posts: 1,908
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just got a large pizza stone for my XL (figure i will be getting a large soon). ;) Now i need some recipes for dough...any suggestions? Toppings...?
Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I'm not a DIY dough guy, but I will suggest keeping things relatively simple regarding toppings, and not to load them heavily. I like thin crusts and light on the toppings.
  • thechief96
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Where do you get your dough?
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    You can find some relatively simple dough recipes in the cookbook section here, as for toppings my favorite is Buffalo chicken. A little bit of white sauce (ranch dressing) some chunk chicken, mozzeralla cheese and a little franks red hot. After its done I like to drizzle more ranch and franks.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Alot of pizza joints will sell their dough, you just gotta ask. "Trader Joe's" has pizza dough that is good. Publix stores sell it in their bakery, albeit a little pricey. The best route is the local pizzaria, IMO.
    I do respect those who make their own, and I have tried with decent success. Maybe when I get a good mixer I will get into that.
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Bacchus wrote:
    Alot of pizza joints will sell their dough, you just gotta ask. "Trader Joe's" has pizza dough that is good. Publix stores sell it in their bakery, albeit a little pricey. The best route is the local pizzaria, IMO.
    I do respect those who make their own, and I have tried with decent success. Maybe when I get a good mixer I will get into that.
    Co-sign. Just find a local pizza joint to sell you their dough. Typically, our neighbors bring the dough and toppings, and we all drink beer and make pizza, while I pop em into the egg. Cheap and easy.
  • thechief96
    Options
    I like that style...cheap and easy :laugh:
  • ebski
    ebski Posts: 15
    Options
    +1 for buying the dough. I make a HUGE mess everytime I get the flour and mixer out! In addition to the others mentioned, Whole Foods has great dough too.

In addition to this forum, check out the forums at http://www.pizzamaking.com/

Everything will ever want to know about making pizza!
  • 407BGE
    407BGE Posts: 187
    Options
    The type of dough you use greatly effects the ideal temperature. The higher the sugar content, the lower the temperature that you should cook at. I like to cook in the 800 degree range and that requires homemade dough or it burns.

Have fun eggperimenting!