Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

European hot-dogs and fries-not-fried

Ms.
Ms. Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,

With all the gasket problem (which was caused by a not-tight-enough installation from my dealer :angry: ), it took me a while to go back to cooking on the Egg.

But I just HAD to, even with the simplest thing. So I made... European hot-dogs, with home made hot-dog bread (I know, I should have cooked the bread on the Egg, but it will be another time, when I am really proficient at keeping temperature), Italian spicy sausages, Dijon mustard and fries-not-fried...

I was too tired and forgot to take a picture of the things on the Egg, but here it is all in a plate:

27078_390071502102_671732102_3755218_4165038_n.jpg

It was pretty good, actually.

I'm back on the egg! This week-end: smoked salmon... B)

Comments

• Sometimes the simple things are great, aren't they? But what makes the hot dogs "European?"

Details on the hot dog bread?

Have you ever tried grilling potato slices? I like to grill 1/4" thick potato slices, oiled and seasoned, when I do spatchcock. I do my spatchcock indirect, raised grid, 350-ish. Put the bird on the grill, prep the potatoes, put them on the grill, flip them after 20 mins or so, and by the time the bird is done, so are the taters. I got the idea from the Dizzy Pig website.
  • Ms.
    I call them "European" because I use a huge Italian sausage, and instead of cutting the bread to open it to put the sausage in, I make a hole on the top, pour in my Dijon mustard and insert the sausage in the whole.

The first time I had those was in Germany, with a big juicy wurst. And then I had them again in Belgium, with a spicy saucisse...

Thus the name "European". Nothing fancy. ;)

I don't think I'll post my recipe for the bread yet, as it's not a real "Eggrecipe", because I did most of it in my bread machine and my in-house electric oven... Shame on me. :whistle:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • LoneStarEgg
    LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
    Would you share the bread recipe? It looks really good too.
  • Ms.
    I will - I'M a bit tied up at the moment, but I will!