Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Table and lack of posting as of late

2»

Comments

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    WessB,
    WOW!!! What a beautiul set up. I am sure all the hard work is well worth it. I betcha your backyard is gonna be the envy of the neighborhood now. Great job Wess![p]~nikki

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    yo Wess!
    Not read the other posts yet, but I think it is safe to say "you meant bidness". Unfrigginbelievable.[p]Nice work. So, let me know when the table warming party is please!
    Cold celebration beverages.
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]Hey, we should get that setup! A Tiki-fest at WessB's! Maybe someone from the Philly Inquirer will show up now that you guys are famous :)[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    WessB,[p]Let me know when you're ready to sell that one. Will it fit in your truck? :)[p]Looks great!
  • Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    Cornfed,[p]...Or maybe from The National Enquirer if it is that great of party. I could see Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, and Cortney Cox standing around that GREAT Tiki bar. Couldn't you???? Maybe even Bill Clinton will show up and bring a date...[p]Very Nice Work, it looks great!!!!!!!!!![p]Steve-B
  • WilliamH
    WilliamH Posts: 57
    WessB,
    Great job! You have a lot of patience. Good to see you back here. I noticed something that tells me you might be interested in a "rain drain". See the link.

[ul][li]Rain Drain[/ul]
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    WessB,[p]Sounds like a deal to me! We'll have the Crown Royal waitin too!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • WessB,
    that is fantastic!!! i guess when sally gets pissed at you and kicks you out of the house, you now have a place to sleep . .heeeeee . . .really, that is so impressive. . .but now that you have experience and the learning curve has been established, come on over to my place and build me one of those. .. [p]btw. ..(and i didn't read all the responses). . what was your first coook in that new kitchen??

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I cooked some NY strips on the small and some corn on the cob on the large the day the eggs went into the table, and I cooked a slab of babybacks on the large yesterday while I was building all of the doors, it was tough to work around that smell all day long, I was starving by the time they came off LOL....[p]Wess

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    WessB,
    I am also building a killer outdoor kitchen area, and was wondering, Do you think there will be enough air movement to keep the eggs going since they're kinda boxed in? Mine are going to be a little more open than yours, but I was still wondering. If air movement isn't quite what it should be, I guess I could get a Guru. Thanks & See-Yaa

• WessB
    LoveHandles,
    I made sure I left enough gaps in different areas to allow for airflow...and it really isnt that tight to begin with..I have more concern about trapping in the heat, but time will tell if that is an issue or not, either way I can just open a door if necessary. I used the guru yesterday on some ribs and it had no problems with everything closed up...HTH[p]Wess

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    WessB,[p]Do I see a love for the Egg in any of those pictures?
    3 eggs and a sink.
    A thing of beauty to behold,[p]Really glad I posted my picture of my 3 egg table below on Smokey"s thread.[p]Good golly Miss Molly.[p]You win for table of the year.[p]Mick[p]PS. It's still early though.
    "C'mon honey, that old table I built 6 months ago is falling apart. but, but, but"..............

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    WessB,[p]WOW! What a nice table setup...you did really good![p]Tonia
    :~)

• WessB, where in the world did you get all them smarts, you musta ate a bunch of them smart pills...if I just had me a smidgen of what you got I might could do stuff like at.

• WessB,[p]Holy guacamole, Batman!! You just increases the value of your hacienda by thousands of dollars... more if a fellow egger wants to buy!!! Good work indeed. [p]My biggest question is: How do you get air into a fully enclosed egg? Also, there seems to be LOTS of wood around. Are you worried about sending the whole thing up in smoke? I would be scared senseless about a spark igniting the whole shebang and maybe even the house as well. What precautions are you taking?[p]
  • Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    WessB,
    Looks good![p]I just love a good home project! [p]It ain't gonna rain on your party![p]I'd have to enclose it with screen this time of year...the mosquitos are hungry, too.[p]Mike in MN

• WessB, hey Wess,most awesome Eggstand I have seen since the WHIZ cooked pulled pork on his back deck in the English port-a -poti... er... just kidding... looks totally awesome !!! A man of many talents, not just "Eggcellent Cook".... Thanks for the pictures...

• WessB
    mark wood,
    Thanks...and to answer questions...there are plenty of gaps and open areas for air to get in..and I have personally never had the problem of embers coming out during a cook, although many have experienced it.....however....you just made me think about lining around the lower vents with some sheet metal...just in case...as far as the tolerances of the egg to wood, there is no wood any closer in this table then there was in my free standing table, so it shouldnt be an issue..[p]Wess

• Walter
    Walter Posts: 67
    WessB,[p]That's awesome! A true testament to ingenuity and persistence. My only question (not having a table for my EGG) is how do you clean out the ash without having a mess in the shelf space?[p]Walter
  • Mr. Hyde
    Mr. Hyde Posts: 99
    WessB,[p]Very impressive! I started mine last year, the whole plan being scrapped in favor of rev B, which I can't seem to get motivated to do. This inspires me. Only problem is now I may have to go with rev C, the version with a roof...what a great idea![p]Nice job.[p]LArry

• WessB
    Walter,
    I actually use a plastic plate to scoop the ash into out of the lower vent, this is how I did it on my previous table, so I designed it to work on this one also...the small egg does involve a little squatting but all in all..it aint so bad...Thanks[p]Wess

• WessB
    Mr. Hyde,
    It`s just one step further than a chimney cap for your daisey wheel..LOL...A chimney cap for the whole friggin table.....I just hung some of them roll up bamboo blinds around the edges of the roof tonight...we gonna stay dry from now on..least I plan on it anyway...Thanks for the kind words...[p]Wess

• Caney
    Caney Posts: 36
    WessB,[p]Awesome......Caney[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Good idea on the sheet metal, Batman! Only takes one ember to totally throw a wrench into that project....and I have seen more than one ember tumble on outta my aigs.[p]'Course, it is easy to throw out suggestions when someone ELSE is building it. heeee.
    Happy cookin!
    Chris[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Mr. Hyde,[p]Glad to hear you're duly inspired, 'cause I want my egg table....![p]...and I LOVE the idea of a roof.[p]Me
    :~)

• Puj
    Puj Posts: 615
    WessB,[p]Now all you need is to park a bi-plane next to the Tiki Bar and you got it licked![p]Looks great,
    Puj

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    WessB,
    Nice! Does this mean we're all invited to come over.
    Hammer

• WessB
    Hammer,
    Anytime..just give us a little notice..LOL[p]Wess

• WessB,
    That is a really nice setup you built! I’m very impressed! My only thought is (and this is based all on hindsight ) I would have built it at least 20 feet away from the house with a nice uncovered walkway leading up to it and with smoke detectors attached to the back of your house. As close as your project is to your house a smoke detector would probably be set off during most cooks. I hope you do have smoke detectors in your house along with a large and powerful fire extinguisher handy and convenient to you during the night and day. Now that I may have scared the hell out of you, you may want to move it all further back away from your house…. LoL… That would be easier than moving your house forward! Or, you could just park your own butt outside and watch and smell your other butts smoking & cooking all night long with a six pack of beer and your favorite music playing just to keep you awake.