Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3Tier Rack, new version: ambivalent

Options
Ms.
Ms. Posts: 145
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello there,

I just received my brand new 3Tier rack. I received the "new" version of the rack... and I am disappointed.

There has been one improvement on this new version: you no longer need the 2 inches fire ring for Large to fit it into you egg.

However, there is a huge drawback (unless you guys convince me otherwise): instead of being around, the support is in the CENTER of the rack... Which means, I cannot cook two (or three) pizzas at the same time, or put more than one fish board on the egg unless I cut them in half or in thirds... Also, the rack is in stainless instead for the standard enamel coated stuff. Check it out:

15702_390619657102_671732102_3767499_5597881_n.jpg
15702_390619662102_671732102_3767500_2642486_n.jpg

What's your take on this, my dear «têtes d'oeuf»? I haven't used it yet. Should I return it, ask for the 2in fire ring and the old version?

Thanks! I really need expert advice here!

Edit: forgot to add a plus point: the two top racks can spin. For what it's worth

Comments