Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just meat and beer here. What is in your fridge?

Always Smokin
Always Smokin Posts: 111
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The bellys are drying out after a week long cure and gettin ready for a lil smoke. the 13# Black Angus brisket is going on in a few hours to be ready for dinner on Sunday. Beer is ready for all the time.IMG_4421.jpg
What are you smokin toady?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You call Blue Light beer? :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Now that's a man's refrigerator. I'm done for the weekend going for a nap :woohoo:
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Sleep well, and with a full stomach. There's a reason why the pit man gets respect. All the happy grins after a long day eating smoke!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    About the same here. My pork bellies are soaking though.

4172010004.jpg

:);)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • gdenby
    Got a duck drying so as to crisp during a vertical roast. Got a Stone Russian Imperial Stout, and an Unibroue Fin du Monde. A Rogue Chocolate Stout for the Mrs.

Are you doing a standard bacon cure for the bellies?
  • cookn biker
    Two on them, yes. The others is a newbe screw up turned experience...hahaha You all will find out when I do.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Guess you wern't talking to me... haha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Cheyco
    Cheyco Posts: 29
    I was going to say the same thing! lol
  • I see ONE beer (Bass Ale) and a box of something that looks to be foreign mouth wash.... :) The meat looks real good though.
  • my wife needs something to drink.
    My bass are in the cooler at the store still..
    I have a full bottle of Hendrix Gin to get me through all these cooks
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    cf05465c.jpg

2b4b7708.jpg

6ca1bda2.jpg

my garage mini-fridge and one of my keezers with my beer stash sitting on top. inside the keezer is 5 gallons of 11% double ipa that i'm going to age in an oak barrel for about three weeks before bottling.....

1029d1cc.jpg

f175f81b.jpg

13a65e36.jpg

ingredients for the beer above (my last extract batch).....

ea0d43f8.jpg
  • thats better than my fridge.. well the beer part
  • gdenby
    ...11% IPA, ready for an oak cask! Hat is off. Good work.

Haven't had the Rye Squared. Visited their sire. Looks good. Will have to ask the local vendors if they can get any.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Just beverages, condiments, kimchi, butter, walnut oil, peppers, parmesean cheese, and Crema Mexicana.

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg
  • Little Steven
    Rebecca,

Tennents. Now your talking B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Steven, I thought surely you would go for either the Pellegrino or the Heineken..... :lol: :laugh: :woohoo:
  • Little Steven
    Rebecca,

Not me, Tartan, Tennents, Guiness and a couple of local micros.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mkc
    mkc Posts: 544
    We just popped open the first homebrew of the year - a limted-edition Celebrationizer from Northern Brewer. Very tasty. It took over 3 months, an all-grain kit that I got DH for Christmas.

In the fridge (soon to be on the Egg) is steelhead trout filet that's been lightly cured with brown sugar, kosher salt, DP Shakin' the Tree, and Myers rum.

For the meat, I do have a 17 pound prime-grade ribeye primal dry aging in the climate control bottom drawer in two Drybags (I cut it into one piece for a roast and the rest will be cut into steaks/chops). Started the aging process about a week ago. A gal's got to have her hobbies, you know B)

-M
    Egging in Crossville, TN