Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking Fruits and Veggies

Poodlemom
Poodlemom Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok, BGE experts need your thoughts on fruits and veggies to grill. Don and I are cooking at our local garden/landscaping shop this weekend. The owners only want to do fruits and veggies, hence they sell those plants. So far we have thought of pineapple, nutella/bannana tortillas, stuffed portobellas, stuffed tomatoes, asparagus, ABT's, watermelon rinds, squash (couple of different types). Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Stuffed Bell Peppers
    Broccoli Pizza(chopped fine, small flour tortilla)
    Peaches (halved)
  • Poodlemom
    Thanks those are all great suggestions. I've done stuffed peppers before, but would have never thought of broccoli pizza. Do you use a tomato sauce base on the pizza? Unfortunately, I can't find any fresh peaches in town right now!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Yes but very little sauce. Not a whole lot of cheese either. Add some minced garlic and maybe a little fresh parm.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    The Filly used to do a brie mango quesadilla at the fests, seemed to go over well. -RP
  • Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    I was looking in a everyday food magazine and saw where they roasted green cabbage sliced about an inch thick brushed with olive oil, S&P and either caraway seeds or fennel seed. I was going to attempt it on the egg.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    How about a basket of mixed veggies include eggplant, red peppers, onions, green beans, asparagus, red potatoes. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with your favorite spices.
  • Poodlemom
    Forgot got about the brie mango quesadillas. Those were great! Tell Desert Filly Hi for me! Hear you guys are coming to KY soon.
  • Stuffed Bell peppers, stuffed Jalapenos, stuffed mushrooms, grilled pineapple, grilled peaches, baked apples, grilled veggies (peppers, onion, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, carrots, cherry tomatoes...) tossed with olive oil and your favorite seasonings and roasted in a grill basket or on a slatted pan.
    Same veggies again tossed and seasoned and put on skewers.
    Zucchini boats stuffed / filled with sautéed peppers and onion, or a meat combo.
    I’m thinking the list goes on, but I need to get to bed!
  • Asparagus
    IMG_1375800x600.jpg

Mixed Veggies
    IMG_5440800x600-1.jpg

Plantain
    101_2890800x600.jpg

Planked spinach with blue cheese and walnuts
    IMG_1108800x600.jpg

Eggplant with your favorite rub/seasoning
    IMG_1854800x600.jpg

Squash - little brown sugar
    IMG_5039800x600.jpg