Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Correction on earlier post about aluminum pans

Options
Deetwood
Deetwood Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I meant has anyone used an aluminum pan to make a cook indirect instead of using an iverted plate setter.[p]I started thinking today that that pizza stone material (plate setter) will hold and radiant a hot heat much more than a pan on top of the regular grate would IMO. [p]Using the guru now it's working like a champ, now let's see how the sucker turns out.

Comments

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    Deetwood,
    i used to use a 12" skillet (alum) untill i kicked the vents open to clean the grill and left the pan ib the grill. its present physical form is more of a blob.

• WilliamH
    WilliamH Posts: 57
    Options
    Deetwood,
    I would avoid aluminum. If you use perforated stainless, it will hold up for high temps and let the coals breath while diffusing the heat. You can get stainless pizza pans or paper plate holders that are perforated. Hope this helps.

• Ed Earl
    Ed Earl Posts: 28
    Options
    Deetwood,
    I have used disposable aluminum pans under a raised grid for the last 8 years and have not had any problems, just keep the pit temp. below 250*.[p]Ed