Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Wood suggestions

Beer-n-EggsBeer-n-Eggs Posts: 36
edited 10:28AM in EggHead Forum
I need to know a place to get wood for a good price to use on my wonderful Large BGE. Can anyone help me get the most out of my super fabulous large BGE? [p]For some reason my previous post was deleted on this subject before I had a chance to read all the responses. Maybe it was b/c I failed to mentioned how great my large BGE is so I decided to include it this time. [p]Thanks!
Buster

·

Comments

• Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    beer-n-eggs, not sure why your previous post was deleted but it wasn't due to lack of saying good things. What do you want to do with the wood? I assume to smoke some type of meat but what kind? For smoking you really don't want to use that much and we have had a lot of debate with the question as to whether or not you can cook with wood alone - concensus is that you cannot.[p]For starters, alder is good for fish, pecan is great for poultry, hickory is great for beef and pork.

·
  • clausenkclausenk Posts: 93
    Wise One,
    Goggle "Hawgeyes." Wide selection of chunks and accessories.

·
  • beer-n-eggs,[p]Here's an on-line source:
    http://www.barbequewoodchips.com/

·
  • I just want some wood to smoke with. I cook a variety of meats so I want a variety of woods to use with my lump.[p]Thanks for the tips!
    Buster

·