Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WessB

Options
JasonATI
JasonATI Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In some of your pics it looks like you have a woven gasket, is that a woven nomex or what is it.

Thanks Jason

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    If you could tell me which pics I could say for sure...but it is most likely pics showing a Rutland gasket..NOT available from BGE..
  • JasonATI
    Options
    Its in your "some of my cooks" section under the baby back 3/1/1.5.
  • WessB
    Options
    Yes that is a "Rutland" I am now using the nomex on my large...but have the rutland in other forms on 2 other eggs...If you are interested in putting it on a large egg contact forum member "RRP" and he can provide you with the kit# that works on a large...It was not available in my area, they are in fact fireplace or woodstove gaskets....
  • JasonATI
    Options
    Thats what I thought it looked like, I sell the Rutland kits and they say do not use around food so thats why I wasnt sure if it was that or not.
  • WessB
    Options
    Thats why BGE wont/cant stand behind them either..fiberglass....liability...I wont publicly critisize nor defend their ( BGE ) position on this...nor is it my place to do so...but cooking in my own backyard with all the other unhealthy influences...airborne that is...fiberglass is not a concern to me...nor is it a reason of concern as long as I have had them installed..there are no longer any friable fibers coming from my gaskets..."just my opinion".....