Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't leave me alone

'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in Weight Loss Forum
I just got back from a work out. It wasn't anything spectacular in that I didn't feel like Superman. The important part is the I did it and its done.
It sure would be nice to have company here.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    I for one am ready to join your club.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    this is a slow forum, gets real loneley in the summer months :laugh: dont know if i could do that gym stuff, they should have one thats outdoors for the summer, would make it easier for me to take. maybe buy some oars for the boat this week, that seems more like something i could stay with
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Happy to have this forum. Happy to have you, Mickey. Glad your on the right track after your stroke. I don't know if many will 'get it' that it is more than regulating the food you put in your mouth. Or that there isn't truly any 'bad' food that has to be totally eliminated. Stronglifts 5X5 really has helped me get active and change my eating. www.stronglifts.com
    I had to learn that food is fuel, not an emotional response.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Doing something you like is key. But doing something you don't like with someone you do like makes it easier. If you work out at the same time three days a week you could conceivably meet a buddy.
  • azbbguy
    azbbguy Posts: 191
    5x5 and 5x5 variations are good stuff.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Thanks.

I have thought so but it is encouraging to hear that from someone besides the guy pitching it.
  • azbbguy
    Its been around forever, and is pretty proven.

How long have you been lifting?
  • 'Q Bruddah
    I started going to a gym in late January. I found stronglifts and started lifting free weights about the end of February and stopped using machines. I was a happy camper, the gym was right down the street. I was progressing right along and the staff was super helpful and friendly. Then without warning I went to workout on a Wednesday and they had locked the doors. Bankruptcy Chapter 7. I found another gym within a couple of days and they are friendly and helpful but its bigger and there is no rapport yet. Their power rack is jammed in a little corner and is a little cramped. But I am committed.
    Medhi the guy that has stronglifts.com said that 5X5 has been around for a century. So, yeah, its nothing new.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    That's a pretty steak on the forum by the way. The ensuing discussion leads me to believe we think a lot alike nutritionally. I am sure I can learn something here.
  • azbbguy
    'Q Bruddah wrote:
    I started going to a gym in late January. I found stronglifts and started lifting free weights about the end of February and stopped using machines. I was a happy camper, the gym was right down the street. I was progressing right along and the staff was super helpful and friendly. Then without warning I went to workout on a Wednesday and they had locked the doors. Bankruptcy Chapter 7. I found another gym within a couple of days and they are friendly and helpful but its bigger and there is no rapport yet. Their power rack is jammed in a little corner and is a little cramped. But I am committed.
    Medhi the guy that has stronglifts.com said that 5X5 has been around for a century. So, yeah, its nothing new.

5x5 is great for putting on a good base. There are other programs you can migrate to once you gain that base, depending on what your goals are..

I personally train in a style that is called "DC Training". It is a very high intensity, low volume, high frequency program. I love it. It is based on compound movements(much like 5x5), done in a rest-paused fashion. Every session you are trying to beat your last session be it in weight, or reps. It focuses on constant progression, and moving heavy ass weights. It really takes allot of intensity.

Thanks for the compliment on the steak.
  • 'Q Bruddah
    Yes, I know that I want to do more than just this 5X5 which is a beginning program. I will be interested to know more about what you are doing when I finish. I had no idea I would like lifting. I am sorry it took me this long to figure it out. I also had no idea when I began looking at BGE's three years ago it would turn into a fitness tool.