Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Having never been to an eggfest...

texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
can I expect to walk up and get a ticket or two on the morning of the event to get in the Texas Eggfest in Austin in a few weeks or do I need reservations? Not cooking, just sampling the fare...

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    http://www.bbqoutfitters.com/-c-133.html

Give them a call and ask.
    I'm sure space is limited. Many Eggfest events sell out.
    Not sure how the Austin people set limits.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Depends on what time you get there. If you wait 'til 3:00 you can probably walk in but you won't get much to eat and most folks will be in the process of packing up.

If you get there early you will get your money's worth.

I'd get there early. Anytime after 9:00 to meet some Eggheads. Anytime after 10:00 you will be able to nibble on a few things until you are popping full.

See you there.

Spring "Cook/Nibbler/Greeter-Meeter/Rum-Tester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • reelgem
    reelgem Posts: 4,256
    I would definitely get a ticket ahead of time. It's not worth taking a chance. My husband and I will be there, I look forward to meeting you. :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Anne I just sent you an email on the lump.
    Glad you guys are going to be in Austin, will get to meet you.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• reelgem
    Del and I look forward to meeting you too Mickey!! Looks like we ended up with a better venue. :)
    I'll check my email and get back to you.
  • reelgem
    I just tried to send it and it bounced back. I tried again and it went through. Let me know if you got it.
    If not here's the info.

Here's the link for the Ono. I bought 12 bags and paid no shipping fee and $7.50 handling for the entire order.
    I just love the Ono.
    See you in a few weeks! - Anne
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Anne, I'll take that link as well. Thanks!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE