Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simply Burgers Tonight!!

Doug
Doug Posts: 132
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After dealing with the flu for more than two weeks, I finally felt like grilling tonight! We just finished some of the best hamburgers we have ever had. Started by mixing Stonewall Kitchen's Garlic Mustard in with the hamburg (the 75% lean type). Made nice thick patties and then slathered them with the regular yellow mustard and JJ's rub. While they sat at room temp, I got Humpty going. When it hit 450, the burgers went on the grill...3 minutes each side. Opened the dome, put some BBQ sauce, a slice of onion and a slice of cheese of each burger, lowered the lid and closed all the vents and let them do their thing for another 8 minutes or so. You talk about juicy, fantastic burgers done to perfection!!! And, that ol' "Q" smoke filled the neighborhood again!! What a way to go!! It only gets better each time I use my EGG!!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Doug,
    Ooooooweee! Sounds like C~Ws method. That is about the best way to do them. Try putting a dab of Q sauce on the onion before applying the cheese.[p]Happy to hear about your successes.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy, Great to see em doin burgers..It's a super meal sometimes neglected for the finer presentations. 8 minutes is a bit long on the cheese melt tho..usually a minute or so otherwise you lose most of it to the fire. :-) Ya just want to get a nice melt to it and slip it on the bun..Slaw and chips and beans..oooooh boy! chase it with a Guiness and ya got it made..:-) Ya all are making a drinker out of Po Ol' Char-Woody!! Doc say..one a day clears the tubes..!!
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Doug,
    I gotta try that mustard on my next burgers. It works great on a butt and ribs (doesn't that sound perverted).
    Glad the Egg came through for you after you had the flu. [p]Tim M
    segg1.gif

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    C~W,[p]Burgers are great on the egg. Try throwing on a few hot dogs at ate same time. I found the egg does something to them that no other cooker ever has. They are excellent and the flavor is enhanced beyond description.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Bob, Ya got it Bob, and Polish Sausage, and Bratwurst.ooooh...especially beer boiled then smoked. Bring it on!! [p]Sirloin steak this noon for guests..with high grade olive oil coated and garlic salt dusted BGE baked potato. They get all fluffy and moist inside..then soak em in hot butter and sour cream topping..Yikes..!!

• Doug
    Doug Posts: 132
    C~W, you are sooo right about the cheese and 8 minutes. Next time I'll follow your suggestion and put the cheese on the burgers a minute or so before I pull them off the grill. The way I did it there was probably more cheese IN the fire than on the burgers. Always learning. And... next time I chase it with the Guiness!!!!! Can't wait!!