Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A delicious Sunday night dinner. :)

reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been converted to a lamb lover, thanks to the Lamb Queen (Little Chef). Last night I made a rack of lamb. Marinated it in a Pinot Noir marinade and served it with some creamy whipped potatoes and asparagus parmigano.
Everything turned out fantasatic, can't wait to make this meal again. :)

The ingredients

661.jpg

Can't forget the balsamic

664.jpg

Del cooked the asparagus on the small, while I did the lamb on the large. Great job sweetheart! :)

001.jpg

Used the spider and gave the lamb a 2 min. sear on each side.

002.jpg

Put the adustable rig in and finished cooking raised direct at 350 degrees, turning every 5 mins. until it reached and internal temp of 122 degrees (med rare).

005.jpg

Finished and resting.

007.jpg

Plated :)

009.jpg

The pinot noir marinade was faboulous. Really compliments the lamb.

Grilled Rack of Lamb with Pinot Noir Marinade (enough for 3 racks)

2 cups of a good quality Pinot Noir
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tsps. good-quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground peppper

In a large bowl, combine the ingredients and marinate the lamb about 2 hours in a large ziploc bag. Be sure to turn the bag frequently while it's marinating.

This is my favorite way to prepare and serve fresh Spring asparagus. It's so simple and so good.

Asparagus Parmigano

2 pounds asparagus
Extra virgin olive oil
Coarse salt or sea salt
Coarsely ground black pepper
Balsamic vinegar (a good aged one)
Parmigian-Reggiano cheese

Brush the asparagus with olive oil, salt & pepper and grill direct about 5 min. or till crisp tender.
When done take a vegetable peeler and shave curls off the Parmigian-Reggiano cheese over the top and drizzle the tips with the balsamic.

Comments